I don’t have a lot of interesting things to say about the con since I spent most of it in artist alley/dealer room (which was fabulous).
But I want to say thank you.
Thank you to Ree, Jackie, and Cara for sharing their room and time with me.
Thank you to Cath and Heather and all the directors and volunteers and guests of the con.
Thank you to Daunt for saving Ree and myself from a long night of button-making.
Thank you to Shieka and her roommate for letting me crash with them last night.
Thank you to everyone who complimented me on my blog(s), fics, nerdy shirts, and myself.
Thank you to the Butt Sprites for being just as fabulous in person.
Thank you to all the artists represented, whether you were there in person or not.
Thank you to all the wonderful people who dealt with my flailing over them.
Thank you to all my tumblr friends, those who I planned to meet and those I made at the con.
Thank you to all the new followers I gained.
Thank you to Schweizer and Kami and Sketchlock for the swag.
Thank you to all of the amazing cosplayers.
Thank you to EVERYONE who went for making this con such a too-great-for-words experience.
All my nerdy love,
P.S. Pictures will be going up within the next couple days.
P.P.S. You’re all welcome to add me on Skype, same handle as my URL.
P.P.P.S. Thank you for all the red pants.
A massive thank you to all of my followers, old and new alike. I’m not sure why you’re here, but I appreciate it nevertheless!
Now onto the important stuff…
Boring stuff first: Rules!
- You must be following me as of Sunday 10 February 2013 @ 11:59 PM Central US (GMT -6)/05.59 GMT.
- This starts Monday 11 February 2013 @ 12:01 AM Central US (GMT -6)/06.01 GMT and ends Sunday 17 February 2013 @ 11:59 PM Central US (GMT -6)/05.59 GMT.
- Reblogs & likes count, but only one reblog per day counts. That means you have the chance to enter your name up to 8 times (1 like + 7 reblogs).
- You may only reblog to one blog. If you do not reblog under your primary URL (i.e. if you reblog to a secondary/side blog) then you MUST TELL ME ASAP SO I CAN STILL COUNT YOUR REBLOGS.
- I’m not going to limit on where you are. If for some reason you are in a country that it turns out I can’t ship to… we’ll talk. (If you win/want the nightlight and are not in the US, we’ll talk about options since the plug is country/region specific.)
- I’ll be using one of those randomizer sites to pick the winners.
The fun stuff: Prizes!
NB: These will be given on a first come, first serve basis. The first name gets to have first pick, the second chooses from the two remaining, and the third gets what’s leftover.
Images above show a US dime (Lemon & Pants) and US quarter (TARDIS) for size comparison.
- Cabin Pressure themed pendant
- Transparent TARDIS nightlight
- Red Pants pendant
All items are handmade from Bullseye soda lime glass that has been fused (melted) in a kiln at Helios Kiln Glass Studio in Austin, TX.
You are more than welcome to send me any and all questions, comments, and concerns either via fanmail, my ask box, or over Skype (lockedin221b). (Please do not ask me questions like “What time does this end where I live?” Google is your friend.)
New headcanon alert!
Batjohn really likes red pants because they remind him of his favourite fruit—strawberries.
Ready to fire!
The license plate is still going to be a few days, just because of how I’m making it requires multiples firings in the kiln. But fingers crossed that the giveaway will be up next week!
Red Pants Monday - Celebration?
Next Monday, the 28th of January, will mark six months since the first Red Pants Monday (30 July 2012).
It will be the 27th Red Pants Monday.
So who wants to celebrate?
I’m not sure how, but… we should celebrate.
(For those new to that glory which is RPM, you can read about its origins here.)